AH, core workouts. Personally, my absolute favorite workout to do is core. I love the feeling of having toned abs, which gives you the ability to build a strong lower body as well. I’m sure there are numerous core workouts out there that can greatly help a soccer player build his or her core. The following work outs that I am providing are two of the killer workouts we do here at CUA! Do what you need to do to build your best core, which has a great effect on your game.
SARA COOKE ABDOMINAL WORKOUT [Go directly from one exercise to the next without any breaks]
- 25 crunches- feet flat on the floor
- 25 touches- legs straight up in the air
- 50 bicycles- slow motion
- 25 leg lifts- feet together, straight up and down
Do 3 sets of the work out with a minute rest in between each set.
WORK YOUR CORE!
- 20 reps of Dumbbell chops each side
- 20 reps of Rotating planks
- 20 reps of inchworm push-ups
- 14 reps of sit-up with a cross-body punch
- 20 reps of leg scissors
- 20 reps of reverse crunch knee drops
I am always available to help if you have any questions about the exercises!