Do you need another version of a ball control work out in order to brush up on your skills? If so, then this is the blog post we do! The following blog post will describe a different kind of skills work out we do as CUA soccer players.
- 6 minutes- jog while dribbling ball. Quick touches, changing direction and speed, do this in a confined space. Change direction and stretch intermittently
- 1 minute- juggle the ball using on your head
- 1 minute- throw the ball up and jump while you are in the air, stop the ball with your head, settle the ball to your feet and move off quickly
- 1 minute- juggle the ball using only your thighs
- 1 minute- throw the ball up, jump and wile you are in the air, stop the ball with your chest, settle the ball and move off quickly
- 2 minutes- juggle the ball using only your feet
- Place 2 cones/markers 15 yards apart. Dribble in a figure eight using the inside of both feet for turning. As you round each cone, accelerate to the other. Quick touches on rounding cones. Do 6 figure eights, then rest for 30 seconds. Repeat this 6 times
- Repeat the same figure out using the outside of the feet
- Pass the ball slowly from one cone to the other, sprint to receive the same ball, continue to one touch the ball back and forth for 10 passes. After 10 passes, rest 30 seconds. Repeat 4 times.
- Place two cones 25 yards apart- speed dribble, leave the ball and sprint to the first cone, sprint to the ball, collect the ball and speed dribble back to starting point (rest for 30 seconds and repeat this 4 times)
- Ball Touches
- cut the ball with the inside of the right foot, play the ball 1-2 yards away with the outside of the left. Now cut the ball and play it with the outside of the right foot. Continue to keep the ball moving for 1 minute. Rest for a minute and repeat this
- touch one foot on top of the ball and one on the ground. Alternate feet as fast as possible for one minute moving hte ball, rest for a minute
- place the ball on the ground. Keep feet together, jump side to side over the ball for one minute. Rest for a minute. Repeat this time, jump back and forth over the ball.